Join Brown Arts Initiative for the closing conversation of the REMAKING the real Fall Festival. During this panel, artists Shey Rivera Ríos, Nafis White, and Joey DeFrancesco (aka La Neve) discuss their experiences remaking their own artistic realities, putting forth new concepts of realness and shifting audiences’ understanding of the before, the now and the future. The conversation will be facilitated by Enongo Lumumba-Kasongo, Mellon Gateway Postdoctoral Fellow at Brown University.
The REMAKING the real Fall Festival will be held remotely from Sept 28 - Oct 2 and will feature events including:
- A keynote address by artist Kent Monkman
- Film screenings and artist talks including Dawson City: Frozen Time by Bill Morrison and Shulie by Elisabeth Subrin
- A conversation featuring contemporary artist Lisa Reihana
- State of Urgency, an exhibition of posters from the Print Like You Give a Damn Collective, created during he Summer 2020 protest marches
- Community artist performances
- Plus artist talks, workshops, and more
This event will be presented as a YouTube Premiere.