Saturday, May 26 2018
- Master's Students: 1:00 pm Rehearsal on Simmons Quad | 2:00-3:30 pm Reception MacMillan Hall side lawn
- Doctoral Students: 2:30 pm Rehearsal on Simmons Quad | 3:30-5:00 pm Reception MacMillan Hall side lawn
Sunday, May 27 2018
- The Graduate School Ceremony, awarding of graduate diplomas ~ 10:15 AM
The University Ceremony on the Main Green ~ 12:45 PM
Department Ceremonies beginning ~2:30 PM (estimated)
- Following the conclusion of the University Ceremony, the Physics department hosts consecutive departmental ceremonies for all graduating students. All Physics undergraduates will receive their diplomas at the Physics Department Diploma Ceremony in Barus & Holley, room 166. This ceremony will begin once all students have arrived from the main green. Estimated start time is 2:30.
- The department also holds a Graduate student ceremony to celebrate awards and achievements of the graduate students. This begins in Barus & Holley room 168 after the undergraduate ceremony ends, estimated start time is 3:15.
- A photo of each degree type - undergraduate, Master's, and PhD will be taken on the Barus & Holley patio after the ceremonies and before the reception. Please line up on the patio for a departmental picture at the conclusion of the ceremony - families are invited to come take photos too!
- The Physics commencement reception for all students and their families (undergraduate and graduate) will follow directly after the ceremonies. The reception will be held under the tent on the new green space next to Barus & Holley on George St.
For undergraduate questions or concerns please contact Ida Alarcon, Undergraduate Affairs.
For graduate questions, concerns, or ceremony accessibility please contact Mary Ellen Woycik, Student Affairs & Program Manager.
All completing students should complete the (short!) exit survey to let us know any future plans and contact information: