Sports Camps
Mascot: Brown Bear

Summer Sports Camps Policies

Athletic Camps on the Brown Bears Campus

Financial Information

Brown University Summer Sports Camps

All sports camp fees must be paid in full at time of registration. Walk-in registration will be available onsite during the camp check in on a first come first serve, basis pending availability in the camp. Please visit specific camp pages for details. 

Accepted Payment Methods

ACH (electronic check): This method will be accepted for camp fee payments. ACH payments can only be processed by using a US personal checking or savings account. Corporate accounts are not allowed.

Credit Cards (MC/Visa/AMEX/Discover) are accepted for camp fee payments.

Returned Payments

ACH Payment Returns: ACH payment clearing failures due to insufficient funds, incorrect account information, etc. will be notified via email.

Refund Policy

48-hour Registration Grace Period: If you register for a camp in error and subsequently would like to cancel your registration, you must notify us via email at within 48 hours from the time you registered. A full refund will be given provided written documentation is received within the 48 hour window.

Refunds are only permitted up to 30 days before the start of camp. For commuters and day camps a refund may be granted, less a $100 administrative fee. For residential camps a refund may be granted, less a $250 administrative fee.

After the 30-day window, only requests supported with proper medical documentation demonstrating illness or injury that prevents the camper from participating in camp will receive a refund minus the administrative fees. No refunds are provided for a camper that departs camp early for any reason including injuries sustained at camp.

All requests for refunds must be submitted in writing via email at and must be received no later than seven (7) days after the completion of the sports camp. Any requests submitted more than 7 days after the camp will not be accepted and you will forfeit your camp fees.

Please note: Non-refundable payments for campers who withdraw may not be converted to a donation to the University.

Camp Transfers

Campers may transfer to a different sports camp within the same sport, coaching staff, within the same summer without penalty provided there is available space. All requests for transfers must be submitted in writing via email at The difference in fee must be paid by the camper, or if of less value, will be refunded.

A camper’s registration may not be transferred to a camp that is not currently listed on the Sports Camps website.

In-Camp Attendance Changes

Campers that change attendance options within a camp, including residential to commuter status later than 7 days prior to the start of camp are not eligible to receive a refund on the price difference. All requests for changes must be submitted in writing via email at

Health Insurance

All campers are required to show proof of health insurance with a US carrier. Please include a copy of both sides of the camper's insurance card along with the Medical Authorization Form. If you cannot provide proof of insurance you must purchase a limited insurance policy for the duration of the camp, you may do so for $20, per camp. To purchase, click here.

Residential Policies

In order to support all athletes in their successful participation in Sports Camps, all campers must abide by the following guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines, and established expectations for social and residential conduct as indicated in the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action.

Program Day(s) Quiet Hours by day of the week Curfew Hours - everyday
Sports Camps Daily 10:00PM-6:00AM

Security and Personal Safety

Below is information about how the Pre-College programs promote personal safety for its students.

In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), the Department of Public Safety is required to publish an annual security report which includes statistics mandated by the Clery Act. The public can obtain a copy of this report by contacting Public Safety at 401-863-3103 or accessing the following web site:


Office Location Telephone Number
Department of Public Safety 75 Charlesfield Street 401-863-1663
Dining Services 401-863-3343
The Libraries 401-863-2165
Residential Life Grad Center E:
42 Charlesfield Street

Bring any lost item found on campus to the Department of Public Safety at 75 Charlesfield Street.