February 8, 2022
Dear Public Health Students, Postdocs, Staff, and Faculty,
I am pleased to invite nominations for the 2022 Dean’s Awards for excellence in teaching, mentoring, community engagement, and research collaboration for campus-based faculty in the School of Public Health.
These annual awards, instituted in 2010, recognize outstanding contributions in teaching and mentoring of undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Public Health, as well as in interdisciplinary and collaborative research with University colleagues and community partners. The awards recognize faculty leaders who demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, mentoring, research collaboration, and community engagement that goes above and beyond the usual call of duty. The awards are as follows:
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Classroom Teaching in Public Health
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Mentoring in Public Health
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Research Collaboration (requires interdisciplinary collaborations with another division(s) or unit(s) within Brown University)
- Dean’s Award for Excellence in Community Engagement (for demonstrated exemplary commitment to community engagement that helps to create meaningful change through community-engaged research, public health practice, and/or community service)
The deadline for all nominations is Friday, March 4, 2022. Students, postdocs, staff, and faculty may submit nominations for one faculty member per category. To nominate, please complete this form and include the following information:
- Name of the faculty member
- Award for which they are being nominated
- In what capacity you have worked with the faculty member (include your current student, postdoc, staff, or faculty status)
- A detailed paragraph outlining why the faculty member is deserving of the award. For Research Collaboration and Community Engagement, please include a description of the faculty’s work (listing the other collaborating unit(s) or community partner(s)), along with its impact.
- Please note that a detailed nomination paragraph can make all the difference between a nomination and an award – examples demonstrating faculty commitment to teaching and mentoring are strongly encouraged.
The award winners will be announced in April. For more information regarding the Dean’s Awards, please do not hesitate to contact [email protected]. We look forward to receiving your nominations by Friday, March 4, 2022.
Ashish K. Jha, MD, MPH
Dean, School of Public Health
Professor of Health Services, Policy & Practice
Megan L. Ranney, MD, MPH, FACEP
Academic Dean, School of Public Health
Director, Brown-Lifespan Center for Digital Health
Warren Alpert Endowed Professor of Emergency Medicine / Behavioral and Social Sciences / Health Services, Policy and Practice