The Gerontology Center is renowned for research in health services, aging, and chronic disease. Our research focuses on the health and well-being of older adults and other vulnerable populations (such as those with dementia, HIV/AIDS, MS, racial and gender minorities) and includes:
- Analyses of policy and market effects
- Pragmatic trials, including large-scale cluster-randomized trials
- Large-scale observations of contemporary practice, quality of care, and outcomes
- Short- and long-run evaluations of pharmaceutical risks and benefits
- Intervention evaluations, including cost-effectiveness and cost-benefit analyses
Because of our existing big data, faculty expertise, and experience with both epidemiological and interventional research methods, key and emerging practice and policy questions can be addressed, often with rapid response.
We tackle topics within and across broad themes, such as: