We recognize that the COVID epidemic poses unique challenges and these resources are meant to support equitable learning as we transition to new modality for the learning community.
Resources for Instructors
- Digital Learning & Design ([email protected]) offers instructional design consultations for instructors who would like assistance with remote teaching.
- Media Services ([email protected]) is offering remote teaching A/V support (e.g., “Zoom Buddies”) for faculty who want in-class assistance. Request form.
- IT Service Center offers technical support. Call (401) 863-4357 or Chat or sign up for a one-to-one Zoom settings review session.
- The Sheridan Center for Teaching and Learning ([email protected]) offers events, resources, and consultations for faculty, graduate student, and undergraduate instructors.
- The College offers course enhancement and development grants, and can consult on concerns related to individual undergraduates and policy matters ([email protected]).
- The Library can be contacted via [email protected] for assistance with access to digital materials, including DVD and VHS formats, as well as reserves.
Resources for Students
- For technical support for students refer them to the IT Service Center, [email protected], 401-863-HELP.
- Please refer students to the remote learning Covid-19 site and specifically to the remote learning guide and remote learning index.
- Undergraduates in need of short-term academic advice or support can contact one of the academic deans in the College. Student Support Services deans can be a helpful resource to discuss personal, family or health-related concerns, as well as academic and personal plans.
- The University has developed dedicated resources to assist undergraduates with high demonstrated financial need who have emergent expenses related to the transition to remote learning. Graduate students can be directed to resources here.
- Graduate student support resources include Graduate School deans, including the Associate Dean of Student Support, or one of the Support Deans in Student Support Services. A comprehensive contact list can be found here. Also available are Graduate Student FAQs.