APPLICATION TO THE PROGRAM
The Certificate Program in Clinical and Translational Research is designed for physicians, doctorally trained basic scientists, and students in doctoral programs or medical school. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Brown University School of Public Health uses the SOPHAS Express application system. SOPHAS Express is a centralized application service used by many of the accredited schools and programs in public health. The following materials are required:
- The online application for admission;
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate, graduate, or medical school academic work and GPA;
- A letter of recommendation. If the applicant is a fellow or faculty member, the letter should generally come from their program director, division director, department head or primary mentor;
- Personal statement of understanding of clinical and translational research and commitment to pursuing a career in clinical and translational research. Statement should explain the relevance of education and/or experience to pursue a career in clinical and translational research;
- The SOPHAS Express Application fee.
Applications for the Certificate Program in Clinical and Translational Research will be reviewed by the Clinical and Translational Research Admissions Committee, which is composed of public health faculty and other professionals. Applicants will be assessed on their academic performance as well as evidence of their potential in the field of clinical and translational research. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis until July 1.