How to apply
The Brown University School of Public Health uses the SOPHAS application system. SOPHAS is a centralized application service used by many of the accredited schools and programs in public health. The MPH/MPA Dual Degree Program starts on June 4, 2018.
The SOPHAS application must include the following information:
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate, graduate, or medical school academic work and GPA. Transcripts can be submitted to SOPHAS. (Details on how to send transcripts can be found here on the SOPHAS website). Note for international institutions, SOPHAS will only accept evaluations obtained from World Education Services (WES ICAP). SOPHAS cannot accept any international transcripts other than the WES ICAP evaluation. Applicants can upload a copy of the unofficial transcript in the Documents section of the application.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives that describes your understanding of public health and health policy and your commitment to pursuing a career in public health policy. Statement should explain the relevance of education and/or experience to pursuing a career in public health policy.
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE): General test is required. Official GRE scores should be sent to SOPHAS using Brown SPH GRE reporting code 7765. The MCAT has been approved by the Graduate School as an acceptable alternative in lieu of the GRE.
- TOEFL/IELTS- All international applicants whose native language is not English must submit official scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Official TOEFL scores should be sent to both SOPHAS (TOEFL reporting code 5688) and Brown University Graduate School (reporting code 3094).
- A résumé.
- The SOPHAS application fee.
Applications will be reviewed by the MPH Program Admissions Committee and by the MPA Admissions Committee. The application deadline is February 15.