Grounded in Brown’s tradition of academic excellence and innovative collaboration across disciplines, our two-year Master of Science degree in Epidemiology provides advanced training in the underlying principles and practice of epidemiology.
Upon completion of the ScM program, students are expected to have proficiency in the following areas:
- Conceptualization of different epidemiologic approaches to the understanding of the causes of health and disease in population-based research
- Synthesis of existing literature in epidemiology
- Experience in the design and conduct of epidemiologic studies
- Sample size estimation for basic epidemiologic study designs
- Analysis of data from epidemiologic studies using appropriate statistical methods
- Effective communication of scientific findings
The training is provided through coursework and the completion of a thesis. There is also the possibility for students to obtain a paid Research Assistantship.
Phone: (401) 863-6459
Joseph Braun, PhD
Master's Program Director and Assistant Professor
Phone: (401) 863-5397