The mission of the Master's of Epidemiology program is to launch the next generation of epidemiologists who will be integral to the design, conduct, and interpretation of population-based studies, and able to work at an exceptional level in academic, government, industry, or non-profit organizations.
Upon completion of the ScM program, students are expected to have proficiency in the following areas:
- Conceptualization of different epidemiologic approaches to the understanding of the causes of health and disease in population-based research
- Synthesis of existing literature in epidemiology
- Experience in the design and conduct of epidemiologic studies
- Sample size estimation for basic epidemiologic study designs
- Analysis of data from epidemiologic studies using appropriate statistical methods
- Effective communication of scientific findings
The training is provided through coursework and the completion of a thesis. There is also the possibility for students to obtain a paid Research Assistantship.
Phone: (401) 863-6459
Joseph Braun, PhD
Master's Program Director and Assistant Professor
For inquiries regarding the Master's program, please e-mail Epidemiology@brown.edu