The Brown-Tougaloo Partnership in Public Health Education is based on three requirements:
- Students complete all undergraduate degree requirements for Tougaloo College. This includes completing all course requirements within the student’s undergraduate major. In addition to the general undergraduate requirements, some majors will have requirements specific to students participating in the program.
- Students complete the requirements of the Jackson Heart Study Scholars Program or at a minimum must complete the following four courses at Tougaloo College, earning a grade of at least B in each:
- Introduction to Public Health and Epidemiology
- Research Methods in Public Health and Epidemiology
- Ethics, Medicine and Technology
- Students complete all requirements of the Brown MPH Program