- Students in the Five-Year UG/MPH Program are required to complete all of the requirements for the undergraduate degree and the MPH degree. No more than two courses can be used to meet requirements of both the undergraduate concentration and the MPH degree.
- Students must attend required MPH core group advisor meetings and large group seminars during their senior year (1 hour per week).
- Students must complete the prerequisites for PHP2071 during the fall of their senior year, including completing CITI Training, IRB Basics, PHP1001 (an online course), and attending fall core advisor/large group seminars.
- Students must complete an MPH applied public health practice experience (i.e., internship) and an MPH thesis.
- Students must complete all course requirements listed below (13 total course credits, with a minimum of 7.5 course credits taken in the fifth year).
Course Requirements for the Five-Year UG/MPH Program
Prerequisites for application*
- PHP0310 Healthcare in the US
- PHP0320 Introduction to Public Health
* Students who have successfully completed an equivalent level of public health training that they would like to substitute for these pre/co-requisites, may request approval for this from the MPH Program prior to applying to the program.
MPH Core Courses and General MPH Electives
- PHP2507 Biostatistics & Applied Data Analysis I OR PHP2510 Principles of Biostatistics & Data Analysis
- PHP2508 Biostatistics & Applied Data Analysis II OR PHP2511 Applied Regression Analysis
- PHP2120 Methods in Epidemiologic Research OR PHP2150 Foundation in Epidemiologic Research
- PHP2071 Applied Public Health: Systems and Practice (0.5 credits)
- PHP2072 Applied Public Health: Policy, Leadership and Communication (0.5 credits)
- PHP2355 Designing and Evaluating Public Health Interventions
- MPH General Electives (3 total)
MPH Concentration Courses
Students must select one of the following concentrations and take 5 approved courses that fulfill the concentration requirements:
- Global Health
- Health Behavior
- Health Services
- Maternal and Child Health