Wednesday April 13, 2016
Sayles Hall, Brown University College Green
Sayles Hall was filled with 68 public health posters on Wednesday, April 13th. The researchers responsible were on hand too, answering the questions of judges, colleagues, and friends. After the public viewing, the Dean of the School of Public Health, presented awards for the best posters.
UNDERGRADUATE STUDENT POSTERS:
- Best Poster, Marisa Millenson for A comparison of the association between prenatal organophosphate pesticide exposure and autistic-behaviors in children, based on PON1 genotype
- Runner-up, Uzo Okoro for The association between alcohol use, sexual risk behaviors, and HIV in Nigeria: A systematic review and meta-analysis, 1997-2014
MASTER'S STUDENT POSTERS:
- Best Poster, Ayorinde Soipe for Chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) burden in Rhode Island: Modelling treatment scale-up and elimination
- Runner-up, Stephanie Pons for School violence and attempted suicide among students aged 12 to 16 years in the Western Cape of South Africa
DOCTORAL STUDENT or POST-DOCTORAL TRAINEE POSTERS:
- Best Poster, Yizhen Xu for Comparison of machine learning and rule-combining methods for clinical decision making in HIV/AIDS
- Runner-up, Qing Liu for Plasma phospholipid fatty acid and coronary heart disease risk
Dean Wetle also acknowledged the winners of the 2016 Dean’s Awards, which are nominated by the student body. The award for Excellence in Classroom Teaching in Public Health was presented to Adam Sullivan, PhD, Assistant Professor of Biostatistics. The award for Excellence in Mentoring in Public Health was awarded to Abigail Harrison, PhD, Assistant Professor of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
A special thank you to this year's judges! And Congratulations to all the winners and to everyone who participated!!