Climate Change; Environmental Sociology; Global and Transnational Sociology; Postcolonialism; Knowledge and Expertise; Critical Development; Policy- and Decision-Making
Year of Entry: 2016
- International Centre for Climate Change and Development (Dhaka, Bangladesh)
- Falzon, Danielle. Forthcoming 2021. “The Ideal Delegation: How Institutional Privilege Silences ‘Developing’ Nations in the UN Climate Negotiations.” Social Problems.
- Falzon, Danielle. 2021. “Expertise and Exclusivity in Adaptation Decision-Making.”Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability 51 (August): 95–100. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cosust.2021.03.016.
- Hossain, Fahad, Danielle Falzon, Feisal Rahman, and Saleemul Huq. Forthcoming. “Towards Climate Justice: Making the Polluters Pay for Loss and Damage.” In Climate Justice and Feasibility. Eds. Sarah Kenehan and Corey Katz.
- Falzon, Danielle, J. Timmons Roberts, and Robert Brulle. Forthcoming. “Sociology and Climate Change: A Review and Research Agenda.” International Handbook of Environmental Sociology. Springer, Cham.
- Falzon, Danielle and Pinar Batur. 2018. “Lost and Damaged: Environmental Racism, Climate Justice, and Conflict in the Pacific.” Pp. 401–12 in Handbook of the Sociology of Racial and Ethnic Relations, Handbooks of Sociology and Social Research. Springer, Cham.
- Falzon, Danielle, Alex Press, Samuel Maron, Robert Wengronowitz, Benjamin Levy, Jeffrey Juris. 2018. “To Change Everything We Need Everyone: Recursivity in the People’s Climate March.” Interface: a journal for and about social movements 10(1-2):92-116.
- Senier, Laura, Michael Shields, Rachael Lee, Lauren Nicoll, Danielle Falzon, Elyssa Wiecek. 2015. “Community-Based Family Health History Education: The Role of State Health Agencies in Engaging Medically Underserved Populations in Understanding Genomics and Risk of Chronic Disease.” Healthcare 3(4):995–1017.
- Honorable Mention - 2021 Graduate Student Paper Award, Sociology of Development section, American Sociological Association
- Winner – 2020 Best Graduate Student Paper Award, Global Division, The Society for the Study of Social Problems
- Honorable Mention – 2020 Marvin E. Olsen Student Paper Award, Environmental Sociology section, American Sociological Association
- Global Mobility Fellowship (Spring 2020)
- Center for Contemporary South Asia Graduate Fellowship (Summer 2019)
- Graduate Program in Development Fellowship (2017-2018)
- IBES Graduate Research
- Training, and Travel Award (Spring 2018, Spring 2017)