Please refer to the Brown University Academic Calendar for official term dates.
Fall 2016 & Spring 2017
Application Fee: $75
Tuition per course: $6,034
Audit Fee: $1,000
AICU Language Consortium Program
The Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Rhode Island (AICU Rhode Island) Language Consortium enables students at participating institutions who wish to pursue study in a foreign language not offered by their home institution to enroll in language courses at another AICU institution. Eligible students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at one of the following Rhode Island institutions:
- Brown University
- Bryant University
- Johnson and Wales University
- New England Institute of Technology
- Providence College
- Rhode Island School of Design
- Roger Williams University
- Salve Regina University
View details about the AICU Rhode Island Language Consortium Program »
AICU Language Consortium students are expected to follow Brown University’s Academic and Student Conduct Codes.
Transcripts for AICU Students
- Upon completion of each course, students may request their Brown transcript from the Registrar’s Office and submit it to their home institution for grade and credit transfer.
- Brown University is not responsible for the student’s home institution’s policies on transfer credit or for providing specific course information to the home university.
- Although the enrollment deadline for Brown courses is the end of Brown’s “shopping period,” most language instructors will not allow students to add the course after the first three class meetings.
- Your enrollment will be confirmed with the Dean of your home institution.
- As an AICU Rhode Island Language Consortium student, you will receive a Brown ID, a Brown email address, and access to libraries and course websites.
- Language Consortium students do not have access to meal contracts, Health Services, or other services provided specifically for Brown undergraduate students (tutoring, academic resource office, Writing Center, etc.).