School Forms


An official transcript of your complete high school academic record must be sent to the Office of College Admission directly from each secondary school you have attended.

We will accept transcripts submitted by your school(s) through online services, such as Docufide, Naviance and the Common Application. If you are unable to submit through one of these online services, please arrange to have your materials sent directly to Brown University, Office of College Admission, Box 1876, Providence, RI 02912 or faxed to 401-863-9300.

School Report

The School Report form is available through the Common Application website. Please ask your school counselor or other school official to complete and submit the School Report form.

Midyear School Report

Your midyear school report including final grades for fall courses and a list of your spring courses can be submitted online through the Common Application when it becomes available.

Counselor Recommendation

Please note that the School Report and the Counselor Recommendation are separate items on the Common Application. Be sure to 'invite' your school counselor or academic advisor to complete both items.

Teacher Evaluations/Recommendations

Two letters of recommendation from teachers who have taught you in major academic subjects (science, social studies, mathematics, a foreign language or English) must be submitted through the Common Application or by mail, email or fax. If sending by mail, email or fax, please include the applicant's name, date of birth and high school. Letters sent by email should be sent as a PDF attachment.

Science or Math Recommendations

If you are considering a Bachelor of Science degree or the Program in Liberal Medical Education (PLME), at least one of your recommendations should come from a math or science teacher.

When to Submit

Please note: secondary school personnel do not need to wait until you have submitted your application before making their contributions. The online system will lead you through the process of supplying the name and email address of your counselor and teachers so that user accounts can be created for them. They will then be able to submit forms on your behalf either electronically or via regular mail. It is best to ensure that all application materials are sent by the deadline. However, if your application and application payment/fee waiver are submitted by the deadline, it is acceptable to have some of your supporting materials (transcripts, test scores, letters of recommendation, etc.) arrive within the following week.