Each academic year, Brown University offers the opportunity for prospective students to visit a course during their campus visit. The Office of College Admission works with faculty and staff across the academic departments to ensure that students interested in attending Brown can fully observe the Open Curriculum in action.
Below, you will find a list of courses prospective students are permitted to observe during Spring 2018. Please note: Visitors are not permitted to visit courses that are not listed on the approved class list.
Brown University faculty kindly allow guests the privilege of observing their classes. We ask that you follow these guidelines when you visit a class:
- Please arrive at the class 10 minutes early to inform the professor that you will be observing the course. If, however, the class is a large lecture, it is not necessary to introduce yourself.
- Please stay for the entire class. If, however, there is a break during class, you may excuse yourself if you need to leave.
- Please turn off and put away all cell phones, laptops and other electronic devices for the duration of the class.
- Unless you are explicitly offered permission by the professor to participate in the class, please refrain from participating in order to allow the flow of the class to continue as usual.
- Please review the “Important Information Before Your Visit” column on the Class List document before you attend a class. This section details instructions you need to take before visiting certain courses as well as dates that you are not permitted to visit certain courses.
We sincerely hope you enjoy your campus visit! If you have any questions, comments or concerns about visiting a class, please email email@example.com