Call 401-863-4111 for emergency medical care in case of sudden illness or injury. Emergency Medical Services (EMS) is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Reasons to call EMS include but are not limited to:
- Difficulty breathing
- Major bleeding
- Obvious major injury
- Injury that impairs mobility
- Loss of consciousness or unresponsiveness
- Diminished consciousness or mental confusion
- Severe pain - of sudden onset, of unknown cause, or of long duration
- Alcohol or other drug intoxication
- Sexual assault
Brown Emergency Medical Services (EMS), an advanced life support system, will respond and provide pre-hospital care, and transportation to the hospital or Health Services as indicated. In the event that Brown EMS is already engaged, back-up response is available from a private EMS and/or the Providence Fire Department EMS.
Brown University EMS is staffed by paid supervisors (Paramedics or EMT-Cardiacs) and student volunteer-EMTs.