Faculty: Exam Support
- Exam accommodations are implemented directly by course instructors.
- Faculty/departments are encouraged to make arrangements for extended time rooms and proctors as independently as possible.
- Faculty/departments should primarily reserve a separate room through the Scheduling Office or use office space within their respective department or nearby space as available.
- Teaching assistants are often used as proctors or professors can schedule exam rooms near each other in order to check in regularly.
- Departments may also reach out to [email protected] to access a list of available graduate student proctors.
- The SAS office is available to provide limited assistance to faculty who may need help with any or all parts of these arrangements. Contact [email protected] as soon as possible if you think you may need SAS assistance.
- Please note that we do not have a testing center, so we ask for as much advance notice as feasible, but will try to address any request the best we can.
For SAS exam assistance, you may request support if:
You are a Faculty or Course Coordinator and
You have attempted to make arrangements through your department as described above and still need assistance.
Your TAs or other course coordinators are unable to serve as a proctor.
Requests for SAS exam support need to be provided by faculty early each semester. Last-minute requests may not be able to supported.
Please send us an email at [email protected] for the faculty-only online support request form, we will then supply you with the form link so you can formally request support. This form will provide us with all the necessary information to make arrangements.
Please note if you have multiple in-class exams with the same arrangements, you can indicate that on the request so we can help with those too. Please fill out a separate request form for finals or midterm exams that have different time frames.
We will start working on requests as soon as possible and will send out a confirmation email with details once it is finalized. If you have questions or need to add students to the list after a request is submitted, send us an email at [email protected].