Current Semester: Message to Faculty/Staff regarding SAS Exams
Student Accessibility Services (SAS) can provide limited support to faculty/instructors when scheduling exams for students with accommodations.
SAS has developed for your review Faculty Guidelines for Proctoring Exams with key highlights noted below:
- Faculty/departments are encouraged to make arrangements for extended time rooms and proctors as independently as possible to meet student and faculty needs expediently.
- Faculty/departments should primarily reserve a separate room through the Scheduling Office or use office space within or nearby their department, as available.
- Teaching assistants are often used as excellent proctors or professors can schedule exam rooms that are in close proximity in order to check in regularly.
- Departments may also reach out to [email protected] to access a list of graduate student proctors hired and paid by SAS. Departments can communicate directly with proctors and arrange exam logistics.
- The SAS office is available to provide limited assistance to faculty who may need further assistance with any of these arrangements. Contact [email protected] as soon as possible if you think you may need limited SAS assistance.