Diversity & Inclusion Statement
As a career center, we are distinctly positioned to assist students in preparing for the future. We are committed to providing all students with the tools and resources necessary for success. We recognize that students from diverse backgrounds may possess or confront unique needs when searching and identifying potential employers or opportunities, or when navigating professional work environments.
It is our hope that this resource serves as a tool for furthering your internship and job searches. This page is by no means exhaustive of all the options and opportunities available to diverse students, but it is a step forward in promoting awareness for the need for more diverse, equitable, and inclusive programming and practices.
We encourage students and colleagues to engage with us in conducting and envisioning this work. If you have suggestions for how we can better support students and cultivate their talents, please reach out to us at [email protected]
- Opportunities (includes programming, job boards, guides, conferences, fellowships, and internships)
- Infographic defining "Diversity Recruitment"
- A Guide to Assessing Employers (things to consider when evaluating an organization)
- "Red Flag" Interview questions (illegal or problematic interview questions)
Within our Handshake system, we have labeled employers that were listed as one of the following:
- 2020 Black Enterprise: The Nation's Largest Black Businesses
- 2020 Hiring on Handshake: 50 Black-owned and Led Companies
- 2020 Diversity Jobs: Top Diversity Employer
- 2020 Glassdoor: Top Companies for Diversity and Inclusion
- 2020 Forbes List: America's Best Employers for Diversity
- 2019 Fortune: The 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity
- 2019 Glassdoor: 18 Companies Committed to Diversity & Hiring
Below, you can link directly to a search that will list all opportunities currently available at organizations that were on one of the lists above.
- Internships - See list in Handshake
- Full-time Jobs - See list in Handshake
- Fellowships - See list in Handshake
We have also compiled a curated list of opportunities that are actively encouraging diverse applicants.
- A list of alumni indicating an interest in networking and discussing First Generation and Low Income College Student
- A list of alumni indicating an interest in networking and discussing Gender in the Workplace
- A list of alumni indicating an interest in networking and discussing LGBTQ in the Workplace
- A list of alumni indicating an interest in networking and discussing Race / Ethnicity (Historically Underrepresented Groups)
- Campus resources (institutional departments, student organizations, etc)
- Black Student Wellness Collective
Diversity and Inclusion Action Plans