Careers in the Common Good (CCG) is a resource for students and alumni interested in nonprofit, social enterprise or public service careers and working for the common good. All of the CareerLAB's counseling, programs and online services can be useful for students interested in careers in the common good, in addition, the CCG program provides:
• Alumni events, where students can hear stories and get advice from alum
• Paid internship programs
• Exploring Options job and internship database
• Career Fairs focused on the environment, non-profit and public service
• Where do graduating seniors find first jobs in non-profit and government work?
CCG Sept. 26-30
While the vast majority of organizations that choose to recruit at Brown and participate in the fall career fairs are focused on consulting, finance, and tech, there are number of organizations that work in activism, international development, social services, education, start ups and social enterprise and more that will be at the general career fairs. Use these links to see which employers will be at the career fair on either Monday, Sept. 26 or Tuesday, Sept. 27.
Two other events to consider next week:
• How to be a Great Startup Employee, A Venture for America Workshop on Tuesday, Sept. 27 from 7:00 to 8:30 in Petteruti Lounge. Click here to RSVP.
• Service Open House at the Swearer Center on Thursday, Sept. 29 from 5:00 to 7:00. Drop in for a service open house with Peace Corps and other service organizations — including City Year, Teach for America, Rhode Island Campus Compact, Providence Children’s Museum, Urban Teachers, World Teach, Impact, Inspired Teaching and Lifespan — to learn about Volunteer experiences and ask questions about service. Click here to RSVP.
The list of non-profit, government and related employers attending the General Career Fairs on Sept. 26 and 27 is below. Need help to get ready for the career fairs? Take 3 minutes to get tips and tricks for preparing for a career fair from the CareerLAB's Bev Ehrich. And don't forget to download the Brown Career Fair Plus app from the App store to see a full list and info about all the employers.
Activism and Public Policy
Clean Water Action
PIRG Campus Action
United States Peace Corps
Social Services and Education
The Groden Network
Start ups and Social Enterprise
Venture for America
Education, Teaching and Mentoring
Success Academy Charter Schools
EF Education First
Carney, Sandoe & Associates
Blueprint Schools Network
Teach for America
UP Education Network
JET--the Japan Exchange & Teaching Program
London Business School
UP Education Network
For-Profit Consulting in the Public Sector
Hamilton Place Strategies
The Advisory Board Company
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of RI
The Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard