Everything you need in one place, this page serves to provide you with all of CareerLAB's online tip sheets, databases, videos and other resouces.
- Tip Sheets
- Career Exploration Databases
- Videos & Tutorials
- Facebook and Twitter Feeds
(* 8/1/17 - Note: Updated versions are coming soon! Please check back.)
|Getting Started: Research,
Building Your Personal Brand, and more
|Before the Interview|
|During the Interview|
|After the Interview|
Career Exploration Databases
- BrownConnect is the new presidential initiative aimed at increasing internship opportunities and linking students to the Brown community for career success. Search tool that allows you to find internship and research opportunities, search for funding, and connect with alumni.
- Brown Handshake Handshake is the new and improved way to engage with CareerLAB and apply for jobs and internships. Read more about Handshake here.
- Research Career Fields to get a better idea of job opportunities that may interest you, resources for that particular industry, and related events.
- Bridge.Jobs is a newly developed program that focuses on connecting employers and students in Rhode Island to provide internships.
- Going Global
The leading online provider of country-specific employment and career information containing country career guides, corporate profiles, and more than 100,000 international internship and job openings.
A database for jobs, careers, top employers and education programs, job search guides and advice, salary info, job listings, employee message boards and surveys.
- Glassdoor Students: By using this student-specific link, you will have unlimited access to career resources (such as company information, salary info, and typical interview questions) without having to create an account or submit content and personal information.
- Versatile PhD
A web-based community that highlights career paths and provides peer and professional support for advanced graduate students and PhDs interested in careers beyond academia.
Videos & Tutorials
The videos and tutorials on the CareerLAB’s YouTube page help with the Job and Internship Board, making an appointment, resume formatting, and more. They also include clips of interviews with alumni and students and CareerLAB programs like How to Find an Internship and How to Navigate On-Campus Recruitment.
Facebook and Twitter Feeds
Online Dossier Service to store, send, and retrieve your letters of recommendation.
• FOCUS -- FOCUS 2 combines self-assessment, career and concentration exploration, decision making and action planning in one comprehensive product. The Brown-specific access code is "Brown."
• Woofound - Traitify's visual personality assessment, Woofound, gives you deep insight on your core values and character. It's fast, accurate, fun, and easy to take, kind of like a BuzzFeed quiz for careers. This is a great tool to get started thinking about possible careers. If you would like assistance in exploring the results and what they mean for you, please schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor.