South Asian Studies
South Asian Studies is an interdisciplinary concentration in which students work across the humanities and social sciences, geographical locations, and time periods. The concentration emphasizes both the diversity of South Asia as a region, as well as the long-term historical connections among people and places in Pakistan, Nepal, Bhutan, India, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. The concentration takes a comparative approach, bringing attention to history, politics, and culture within the region, as well as in the equally vital global South Asian diaspora.
Here's what concentrators from the classes of 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020, reported they were doing in their first year after graduation.
- Middle School ELA Teacher, Old St. Mary's School
- Social Media and Promotional Head, TurnUp, Inc.
- Brown University, MPA, Public Affairs
- Investment Banking Analyst, Goldman Sachs
- Analyst, United Nations Development Programme
- City Year Corps Member, City Year
- Financial Analyst, Crown Companies
- Legal Analyst, Goldman Sachs