CareerLAB staff run more than 100 Career Programs each year. Our skills sessions can help you:
- Consider what kind of internships, jobs and careers might interest you.
- Make a plan for your job or internship search.
- Draft and refine your résumé, cover letter and LinkedIn profile.
- Give you tips on how to maximize your internship.
- Improve your interviewing skills, or learn how to network.
Career Pathways Programs bring alumni back to campus to share their experiences and provide advice on career pathways in their field.
For the CareerLAB specific calendar, visit https://events.brown.edu/careerlab/#!view/all.
Use our Databases and Resources page find out more about the career exploration and skill-building resources we have available.
Visit our Career Fairs page.
Employer Information Sessions
More than 100 Employers hold Information Sessions at CareerLAB and across campus each year. Information Sessions are hosted and run by the employer and include, among other things:
- Information about that organization and its culture.
- Details about open positions at the organization and how students can apply.
- A description of the application process.
If you’ve decided to apply to an organization, attending an information session is a great way to network with the employers and get some tips on how to enhance your application. It can also be useful to attend information sessions if you’re curious about that employer or field but haven’t decided whether or not to apply, so you can learn more.
View a list of the Informations Sessions that are currently scheduled, visit the CareerLAB specific calendar. Check back frequently, because new sessions are scheduled each week. Our staff and Databases and Resources page can help you master critical skills such as networking, and negotiating an offer, as well as strategies to pursue internships, full-time jobs, and graduate study.