Embark 2026 is a program for first-year students at Brown that offers:
- An anoymous google form to ask questions
- Peer Career Advisor Open Hours
- Professional Career Counseling
- Program designed specifically for First Years
Getting Started with the CareerLAB*
This is a fun brief overview, of how CareerLAB works, what you should be focused on, and most importantly what “noise” you should be ignoring. One of the big road blocks in student’s accessing our fantastic services is understanding how we help students and how the career development process works while you’re in college. This clever little program will explain that.
We love to help; especially first-years. Come and Talk to us!
You do not have to all the answers right now; we are here to help you figure it out.
Peer Career Advisors (PCAs) are experts with CareerLAB resources who can help you get started with everything related to your job and internship search. You can meet with a Peer Career Advisor during Open Hours.
These one-on-one chats typically last 10-15 minutes and cover topics such as:
• Creating and Updating Resumes
• Developing LinkedIn pages and other online profiles
• Exploring CareerLAB’s resources including BrownConnect, Handshake and more
• Practicing interviewing skills