Student employment

Looking for a Student Job

Brown's Student Employment website includes a job board that allows students to browse and apply for jobs on-line. Students can use this site to sign up for JobMail; review the student and employer handbooks; and download important forms such as timesheets, direct deposit request, and Federal I-9 and W-4. The Student Employment Office manages information regarding student employment opportunities, and works with both students and departments offering student jobs.

Employment Authorization

Prior to beginning work, a student must complete the Federal I-9 form to document authorization to work in the United States, and must bring with them the original, unexpired documentation required by law (i.e., passport, birth certificate, Social Security Card, etc.).

International Students

Additional information for international students may be found on the International Students website, in the Student Handbook on the Student Employment website, and by visiting the Office of International Student and Scholar Services (OISSS).