Refund Policy

Students who need to withdraw from a term of study once it has begun may be eligible for a partial refund of tuition and fees. Refunds are determined according to the time of the semester and the reasons for withdrawal. If a partial refund is made, students do not earn enrollment credit toward graduation for the given term. See Degree Requirements under Academics at left for information about the enrollment requirement. 

Brown's Tuition refund policy is posted on the Bursar's website.  

Housing fee refund information is available through Residential Life.

Meal plan refund information is published on Dining Services' terms and conditions webpage.

Students who are suspended or dismissed or withdraw when under investigation for misconduct are not eligible for a tuition refund for the term in which the suspension, dismissal or withdrawal occurs. Federal financial aid recipients are also bound by the Federal refund policy for financial aid funds; contact the Office of Financial Aid for more details.