Articles and Scholarship
Please also review the Research section of the 1vyG network for additional articles and scholarly references.
- First-Generation Students Unite (NYT April 8, 2015), featuring several Brown students.
- The Harvard Disadvantage
- What We Can Learn From First-Generation College Students (Time Magazine, 2012)
- You Belong!
- What is it like to be poor at an Ivy League School? (Boston Globe, April 2015)
- Columbia Class Confessions opens dialogue about first-generation and low-income students' experiences on campus (Columbia Spectator, April 2015)
- To Become a Bridge (New York Times, April 2015)
- Lower Income, Higher Ed documentary, including 'A College Dream Deferred' and 'The First-Generation College Experience' (Breaking Ground, WAMU 88.5 American University Radio)
- When Is a Student 'First Generation?' Words Fail Us (Chronicle of Higher Education, October 2014)
- Guilt is one of the biggest sruggles first-generation college students face (Washington Post, June 2015)
- Moving Beyond Access: College Success for Low-Income, First-Generation Students (Pell Institute)
- Culture Shock Revisited: The Social and Cultural Contingencies of Class Marginality (2014)
- See related files section below