Find out more about the first-generation college and low-income student experiences and resources available at Brown and beyond.
First-Gen Resources at Brown
- FLiCenter Facebook Page
- Mentoring Program -- sign-up to be a mentor or a mentee.
- First-Gen Listserv (the official list for the First Generation College Student Initiative at Brown)
- First-Gen Alumni and Student LinkedIn Group
- Counseling and Psychological Services page for First-Generation College Students
Low-Income Student Resources at Brown
- Vernicia Elie, Assistant Dean of the College for Financial Advising
- Maitrayee Bhattacharyya, Senior Associate Dean of the College for Diversity and Inclusion (advisor for Sidney Frank Scholars)
- Financial Aid
- Student Employment Office
- Loan Office
- Living@Brown: Financial Considerations
- Campus Life Emergency Need Fund (via UFunds)
- Chaplain's Discretionary Fund (please contact the Office of the Chaplains and Religious Life)
- First-Gens@Brown (join the Facebook group!)
- Sidney E. Frank Scholars Association
- QuestBridge Scholars
- Gates Millennium Scholars at Brown University
- Bonner Community Fellows (Swearer Center for Public Service)
- Brown Immigrant Rights Coalition
- Being First-Gen: Financial Empowerment Panel (October 2016 panel of Brown, Princeton, and Columbia Alumni and members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus).