5th floor of J. Walter Wilson
- All enrolled students -- undergraduate, graduate, medical -- are eligible to be seen at CAPS or to participate in groups, at no charge (covered by the Student Health Fee).
- Generally, students phone to make appointments during regular office hours.
- In urgent situations, immediate or same-day appointments are available.
- For psychiatric emergencies, there is a CAPS clinician on-call at night, on weekends, and during University breaks. To reach this clinician, phone (401) 863-3476 and follow the instructions on the outgoing message to get routed to the response system.
- Contacts with CAPS are confidential. This means that you will not know the outcome of a student's meeting with CAPS or even if a student kept their appointment.
- CAPS staff can talk with you generally about their services or approaches, and can help think through your options for talking to a student.