CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
DEADLINE: UPDATED to Monday, May 8th at 11:59 pm EST
Each spring the LGBTQ Center recognizes graduating students (May or December) who have positively impacted LGBTQ+ students during their time at Brown. The LGBTQ+ Community Impact Awards includes a small gift.
There are 2 categories for nominations and you may nominate yourself:
- Undergraduate Community Leadership Award
- Graduate Community Leadership Award
The award recipient will have accomplished one or more of the following:
- Improved campus climate and/or the student experience for LGBTQ+ community members,
- Fostered collaborations among the diverse facets of Brown’s LGBTQ+ communities,
- Promoted communication and collaboration between Brown’s LGBTQ+ communities and other non-LGBTQ+ communities on campus,
- Bridged the gap between LGBTQ+ communities at Brown and LGBTQ+ communities in the greater Providence area.
For a strong nomination, the nominator would provide detailed examples of what the student accomplished and what their impact has been on campus or in the greater Providence area. Find the application here. The award winners will be informed within a week and revealed during the third Lavender Celebration on Thursday, May 25th from 3 pm to 5 pm.