BCSC Student Advisory Board
The Student Advisory Board (SAB) helps the Director develop the vision and strategic plan for the Brown Center for Students of Color. The BCSC would not be what it is today without student activism. It is critical that student input be considered in planning the BCSC’s future.
Student Advisory Board charge:
- Identify key issues affecting the BCSC community.
- Provide critical feedback on BCSC priorities.
- Represent the BCSC community in discussions with senior administrators.
- Communicate updates to/from SAB from/to respective leadership group.
The minimum time commitment involved is:
- 1.5 hours for monthly SAB dinner meetings on October 20, November 17, February 9, March 16, and April 20 from 5:30 to 7:00 PM (SAB members may not miss more than one meeting per semester. Members who are not able to meet this requirement will be asked to step down and will be replaced by an alternate).
- Any additional meetings that the SAB decides to hold.
Members of the SAB:
- Jennifer Nino Tapia '20, TWTP
- Brittany Hodges '17, Media Team/Front Desk/SJPE
- Maryam Ahmad '19, MPC
- Taylor Michael '17, Heritage Series/Initiatives
- Hassani Scott '17, Sarah Doyle Women’s Center
- Sholei Croom '18, LGBTQ Center
- Katherine Jimenez '19, First-Gen College & Low-Income Student Center
- Mae Verano '17, At-Large Undergraduate
- Kiana Phillips '19, At-Large Undergraduate
- Bradley Hall, Graduate Student
- Lubabah Chowdhury, Graduate Student