Veterans Day 2016 was on Friday, November 11th, 2016.
Each year, Brown honors members of the Brown and Rhode Island communities who have served the nation in the United States military.
The ceremony is organized annually by the Brown University Student Veterans Society with the assistance of the Division of Campus Life & Student Services.
The 2016 Veterans Day ceremony featured remarks by:
- Christina Paxson, Brown University President
- Michael Zaskey '16.5, Brown student veteran
- Craig Cole, Command Master Chief, U.S. Naval War College
- National anthem sung by Hannah Kierszenbaum ‘20
- Color guard by Patriot Battalion Army ROTC.
- Invocation by Chaplain Adnan Wood-Smith and benediction by Rabbi Michelle Dardashti
Our deepest gratitude to all of our student, alum, faculty and staff veterans, everyone who attended the ceremony, and everyone who participated in making it such a success.
Honor a Veteran 2016