October 24, 2016
The NCFS conference is fast approaching. A few notes here as you begin to pack your bags.
- The weather forecast is showing a potentially wet New England weekend, so please don't forget to bring an umbrella. Highs are predicted to be in the 50s (around 12-13°C), with lows in the 40s (5-7°C).
- You will find information about travel to Providence here, including contacts for buses and taxis from area airports (the shuttle from TF Green airport to the Biltmore appears to be closed for the season).
- You will find the conference registration desk on the 17th floor of the Biltmore Hotel. Turn left as you exit the elevator. Conference registration opens at 10:30am on Thursday.
- Panel sessions begin at noon on Thursday. We hope you will join us for the opening reception at 6pm that day, which will take place at the John Carter Brown Library on Brown’s campus. Shuttles will begin leaving the Biltmore for the reception at 5:45pm.
- The final program and abstracts for all papers are now online here.
- A/V equipment, including computers, will be available in all meeting rooms. Please bring your presentation on a usb if you plan to use A/V equipment. We ask that all panel chairs arrive ten minutes in advance of your panel to coordinate electronic presentations with your panel members.
We are looking forward to seeing you all very soon!