June 15-18, 2016
Meeting: Petteruti Lounge, Brown Campus Green
Directors: James Valles, Brown University USA
Noriyuki Hirota, National Institute for Materials Science JAPAN
The 7th International Workshop on Materials Analysis and Processing in Magnetic Fields, MAP7, will take place in Providence, RI, USA, from June 15-18, 2016. This series of workshop succeeded in Okinawa (2014), Grenoble-Autrans (2012), Atlanta (2010), (2008), Grenoble (2006) and Tallahassee (2004).
The workshop aims to discuss recent advances of research on the magnetic field interactions involved in the study of materials properties and processing. Fundamental investigations as well as industrial applications will be discussed. The scientific program is planned including plenary talks and invited papers as well as contributed papers. Both oral and poster sessions will be scheduled.
1. Magnetic field effects on chemical, physical, hydrodynamic and
2. Magnetic processing of materials
3. Diamagnetic effects and Levitation
4. Magnetic field effects on phase transition, crystallization and
5. Medical application of magnetic fields
6. Development of analytic technique, equipment and high magnetic
7. Environmental application and magnetic separation
8. Other phenomena related to magnetism or magnetic fields