Located on the Simmons Quadrangle, the Lincoln Field Building is a three-story building with a partial crawlspace, housing approximately 18,500 GSF of office, computational lab, classroom, and support space. The building, originally completed in 1903, housed machinery and drafting space for the school of engineering. Today the building is home of the Department of Earth, Environmental, and Planetary Sciences (DEEPS), who plan to re-occupy the building after renovations. Currently, the DEEPS program is located across three buildings on campus. This renovation will accommodate the existing Lincoln Field program and anticipated growth. The program is in alignment with Brown's strategic plan Building on Distinction: A New Plan for Brown (2013).