The Corporate and Foundation Relations team serves Brown University faculty by facilitating private foundation investment in research and other academic initiatives. We can often provide insight and guidance that is not available on foundation websites.
Our office provides:
- Communication with foundation program officers and others
- Our staff are often able to connect PIs to foundation staff who can directly address questions about letters of inquiry, proposals, etc.
- Coordination of nomination or support letters signed by senior leadership
- When they are required by a foundation, our staff will write or coordinate nomination or support letters from University leadership that strengthen the overall proposal.
- Preparation for interviews and presentations to foundations
- We can organize and facilitate mock interviews and mock presentations to help you feel prepared.
- Site visit support
- We can coordinate on-campus meetings with foundation staff and facilitate participation by administrative and academic leadership.
- Narrative writing
- We can draft narrative sections of major proposals that cross into multiple laboratories and/or academic units.
- After an award is made, we will ensure the award is properly stewarded by providing letters of thanks from senior leadership within an appropriate time frame. We stay abreast of reporting deadlines to ensure that a foundation’s requirements are met.
- Learn more in our FAQ, or find staff contact information.
- Assistance identifying possible private foundation funders
- We can review and help develop a list of potential funders and possibly provide insight into the funders on your list.
- Proposal editing and feedback
- We offer grammatical and stylistic edits as well as proofreading of proposal narratives.