Dear International Student Community,
As we plan ahead for the Spring 2021 term, we are writing to share the updated Global Brown Frequently Asked Questions resource for international undergraduate, graduate and medical students that provides relevant information on travel, visas and employment eligibility, financial aid, academic advising, and campus support. This resource is designed for international students on an F-1visa; if you’re not an international student on an F-1visa, please refer to other available resources.
Even as we share this resource, we do so with the understanding that there are additional considerations for international students related to ongoing consular closings, travel restrictions and other issues. While this document may leave some of those questions unanswered, especially as they relate to your individual circumstances, we also want to take the opportunity to remind you of the individual advising resources available.
Below are a few of those offices and the best contact information:
- The College: Email [email protected], call 401-863-9800, refer to the Undergraduate FAQ website or sign up for an individual virtual advising appointment with an academic dean
- The Graduate School, Email [email protected], or request a meeting with one of the deans, and refer to the Graduate School FAQ website. School of Professional Studies: Associate Dean of Master’s and Professional Programs, Shayna Kessel ([email protected]).
- Alpert Medical School: Associate Dean for Student Affairs Roxanne Vrees ([email protected]) or Associate Dean for Medical Education Paul George ([email protected])
- OISSS: Email [email protected] or schedule an appointment online: brown.edu/go/oisss
- Global Brown Center: [email protected] / Meeting Link with GBC Program Director
- Office of International Programs: Email [email protected], call 401-863-3555
- Global Brown: If you have any other questions or are unsure whom to contact, please email [email protected]
Please know that these and many other offices and staff are available to support you as you consider, reflect and decide on the options that best suit your academic and co-curricular needs. You are important members of our community, and Brown is committed to providing you with guidance and support.
The Global Brown team
Last updated November 23, 2020. Information on this page may be updated as the University’s planning evolves and/or immigration guidance prompts a shift in Brown’s operations and protocols.