Dear International Student Community,
Welcome to Brown and the new academic year! We have updated the compiled list of frequently asked questions for international students with relevant information on current immigration and international travel restrictions. This FAQ is based on the most recent information we have available and assumes the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) SEVP COVID-19 provisions remain in place. If DHS releases new guidance, the FAQ will be updated accordingly.
In addition, the FAQ includes important information regarding employment eligibility, financial aid, academic advising, and other campus support resources for international students. If your academic plans for Fall 2021 change, or if you have any questions not addressed in this FAQ, below are the relevant offices to contact:
- The College: Undergraduate students should email [email protected], call 401-863-9800, or sign up for an individual virtual advising appointment with an academic dean after the semester begins.
- The Graduate School: PhD students should email [email protected] and refer to the Graduate School FAQ website.
- The Medical School: Medical students should email [email protected].
- School of Professional Studies: Master’s students should email Associate Dean of Master’s and Professional Programs Shayna Kessel ([email protected]) and refer to the Graduate School FAQ website.
- OISSS (Office of International Student and Scholar Services): For visa and immigration-related inquiries, email [email protected] or schedule an appointment online: brown.edu/go/oisss.
- Global Brown Center: For information about international orientation and events, email [email protected]u or schedule an appointment with the GBC Program Director.
- Office of International Programs: For Brown students studying abroad, email [email protected] or call 401-863-3555.
- Healthy Brown: For information about vaccination clinics, quarantine and other public health information, check the Healthy Brown website or contact [email protected].
- Global Brown: If you have any other questions or are unsure whom to contact, please email [email protected].
We are excited and look forward to the full resumption of all in-person teaching and administrative operations this fall.
The Global Brown Team
Last updated September 3, 2021. Information on this page may be updated as the University’s planning evolves and/or immigration guidance prompts a shift in Brown’s operations and protocols.