The MADE program is based in studio pedagogy, with summer, fall, and spring studios. These are supplemented by two elective courses in the fall, two elective courses in the spring, and a winter term communication course. The cohort is selected for gender and cultural diversity, with about half coming from an applied design discipline and half from a technical discipline. Among these would be: industrial design, product design, engineering, and computer science (see application for more information).
The MADE program takes full advantage of our unique combined structure, engaging the excellent faculties and up-to-date facilities of both the Rhode Island School of Design and Brown University. Whether it’s taking an elective that deepens your understanding of a particular field or collaborating with students from other degree programs, MADE's joint institutional nature provides a rich environment for growth. The Brown Design Workshop provides the necessary tools and space to make and test high fidelity prototypes.
- GRE General: Not Required
- GRE Subject: Not Required
- Personal Statement: 1000-1500 word personal statement that gives your reasons on why is this the right program for you. What will you bring to strengthen the cohort? What future will the program enable you to do?
- Recommendations: Three (3) recommendations required
- Resume: Required
- Additional Materials: Portfolio (guidelines found on MADE website)
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required for any non-native English speaker who does not have a degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction or from a University in the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales), West Indies, Zambia).
We will NOT be accepting the TOEFL at home version or the IELTS Indicator exam. However, we WILL be accepting the TOEFL ITP Plus exam for students in mainland China.
Application Deadline: January 5, 2021 - Start your application today