The Global Public Health program is not accepting applications for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Brown aims to train the next generation of global health innovators and leaders by preparing students to understand the major global health challenges of today, complemented with the requisite analytical skills to formulate relevant scientific questions. This student-driven program emphasizes experiential learning and interdisciplinary collaboration across campus and in our global sites.
Our Global Footprint: We emphasize public health in low- and middle-income countries. Brown faculty members are engaged in active collaborations all over the world.
- The University of Cape Town, South Africa
- South African Medical Research Council
- Moi University, Kenya
- The University of Ghana
- The Ministry of Health of Samoa
- The Department of Health of American Samoa
- Clinica Condensa, Mexico City
- Anhui Medical University, China
- The University of the Philippines
The master's program is designed to provide rigorous training in methods and practice, including global health theory and interventions, sociocultural awareness and competence, global health epidemiology and disparities, and international project implementation and evaluation, to students with little or no prior graduate-level training. A specific type of undergraduate degree is not required, and applications are encouraged from students with a variety of academic backgrounds.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the School of Public Health's admissions website for more information.
- GRE General: Required (within 5 years) MCAT and other related tests for professional schools cannot be substituted for the GRE. The application opens in mid–August each year. Brown University School of Public Health GRE reporting code: 7765.
- GRE Subject: Not required but may be submitted.
Application in SOPHAS, which includes:
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement Resume/CV
- GRE General Test or MCAT Scores
- Application Fee
- Language Proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS if applicable)
- Transcript Evaluation (if applicable)