PRIME students experience the process of creating value from technology, learn how to develop embryonic ideas and execute how to bring these ideas to market. Core business skills in finance, strategy, marketing, decision making, globalization and management are provided to assure venture success.
Full-time on campus students also participate in business immersion activities, including an internship course and a trip to the San Francisco Bay area, where they interact with company executives, government representatives, and technologists, richly enhancing their classroom experiences. PRIME students leverage numerous School of Engineering resources for prototype development.
There is an entrepreneurship room for the PRIME students equipped with the entire necessary infrastructure to carry out class assignments and projects. The PRIME students also have access to the entire engineering user facilities to create prototypes.
- GRE General: Required, but can be waived for COVID-19 related reasons. We will NOT be accepting the at-home version of the GRE. Those who experience difficulty in securing a GRE exam for COVID-19 reasons may request a waiver by completing the appropriate form in the application.
- GRE Subject: Not required
- Personal Statement: 1000-1500 word personal statement that gives your reasons to pursue graduate work in the field of your study. The statement should include examples of your past work in your chosen field, your plans for study at Brown, issues and problems you'd like to address in your field and your professional goals.
- Recommendations: Three (3) recommendations required
- Resume: Required
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required for any non-native English speaker who does not have a degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction or from a University in the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales), West Indies, Zambia).
We will NOT be accepting the TOEFL at home version or the IELTS Indicator exam. However, we WILL be accepting the TOEFL ITP Plus exam for students in mainland China.
TOEFL/IELTS can be waived for COVID-19 related reasons. Those who experience difficulty may request a waiver by completing the appropriate form in the application.
Application Deadline: February 1, 2021 - Start your application today