PRIME students experience the process of creating value from technology, learn how to develop embryonic ideas and execute how to bring these ideas to market. Core business skills in finance, strategy, marketing, decision making, globalization and management are provided to assure venture success.
Full-time on campus students also participate in business immersion activities, including an internship course and a trip to the San Francisco Bay area, where they interact with company executives, government representatives, and technologists, richly enhancing their classroom experiences. PRIME students leverage numerous School of Engineering resources for prototype development.
Beyond its traditional residential offering, PRIME has a blended delivery option for working students, typically 0-5 years post their graduate studies. The blended offering is composed of face-to-face and online classes to enable program participation by our remote and working students.
The two required summer courses are delivered fully online and begin in July. For full-time on campus students, in person classes begin in the Fall term.
There is an entrepreneurship room for the PRIME students equipped with the entire necessary infrastructure to carry out class assignments and projects. The PRIME students also have access to the entire engineering user facilities to create prototypes.
- GRE General: Required; the GRE General Test at home version is accepted
- GRE Subject: Not required
- Personal Statement: 1000-1500 word personal statement that gives your reasons to pursue graduate work in the field of your study. The statement should include examples of your past work in your chosen field, your plans for study at Brown, issues and problems you'd like to address in your field and your professional goals.
- Recommendations: Three (3) recommendations required
- Resume: Required
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required for any non-native English speaker who does not have a degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction or from a University in the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales), West Indies, Zambia).
- The TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and the IELTS Indicator exam are accepted.
- Students from mainland China may submit the TOEFL ITP Plus exam.
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021, for priority review and February 1, 2022, for Summer 2022 entry, including fifth-year master's student applications.
Tuition & Scholarships
- Tuition: 2021/2022 Academic Year is $68,072. Students are billed per course each term. 8 courses in one year
- Scholarships: PRIME students are encouraged to explore work opportunities on the Brown campus; STA and RA positions available.