Physician-scientists are uniquely positioned to take insights gleaned from their clinical work into the lab, where they can pursue research questions that will have an impact on their patients’ health. M.D./Ph.D .students typically complete the first two years at the Warren Alpert Medical School, then five years of Ph.D. training, followed by the last two years of medical school.
Students can choose from eight tracks for their Ph.D. training
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computational Biology
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology
- Molecular Biology, Cell Biology and Biochemistry
- Molecular Pharmacology and Physiology
- Candidates must follow the typical MD application through the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS) by November 1.
- Once admitted to the Warren Alpert Medical School, candidates are asked to submit additional materials if they are interested in the MD/PhD.
- MD/PhD decisions are typically made in mid-April.