The program offers enough flexibility to allow for completion of the degree in two, three, or four semesters of full-time enrollment, depending on a student's background. The program may also be completed with part-time enrollment over a longer period.
Applicants are expected to have a strong background in physics or closely related subjects at the undergraduate level.
- GRE General: Not required
- GRE Subject: Not required
- Personal Statement: 1000-1500 word personal statement that gives your reasons to pursue graduate work in the field of your study. The statement should include examples of your past work in your chosen field, your plans for study at Brown, issues and problems you'd like to address in your field and your professional goals.
- Recommendations: Three (3) recommendations required
- Resume: Required
- TOEFL/IELTS: Required for any non-native English speaker who does not have a degree from an institution where English is the sole language of instruction or from a University in the following countries: Australia, Bahamas, Botswana, Cameroon, Canada (except Quebec), Ethiopia, Ghana, Ireland, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, New Zealand, Nigeria, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Gambia, Uganda, United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales), West Indies, Zambia).
- The TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition and the IELTS Indicator exam are accepted.
- Students from mainland China may submit the TOEFL ITP Plus exam.
If you have any questions regarding the application process for this program, please email [email protected].
Application Deadline: February 1, 2022 for priority review. Rolling admission until April 1, 2022, as space is available. Brown undergraduates may apply as a fifth-year master’s student through January 18, 2022.