While the program does not provide candidates with elementary and secondary teaching certification, it does offer specialization courses in second language acquisition, research, and practice. Candidates for this degree may be part–time or full–time. In the case of the former, candidates will be required to complete at least two courses per semester thereby enabling them to complete their requirements in two years.
Gavea-Brown Publications; editorial offices of Brasil/Brazil: A Journal of Brazilian Literature; Gavea-Brown: A Bilingual Journal of Portuguese-American Letters and Studies; and E-journal of Portuguese History; cooperation agreements with several Brazilian and Portuguese universities. Cooperation with The Education Alliance.
- A teaching certificate is required.
- The personal statement must demonstrate an interest in improving their knowledge and skills in all areas related to EL education and a commitment to work toward the improvement of ELs' education in the state of RI.
- The letter of recommendation must be from a district administrator.
- GRE General: Not required
- GRE Subject: Not required
Application Deadline: January 31