Wright Fuel Express Card
The Wright Fuel Express Card program is Brown University's vehicle fuel procurement system. It is only for fuel purchases. Every University vehicle is assigned a fuel card and the card restricts purchases to individuals with a valid personal identification number (PIN). The following policies and procedures ensure the program operates effectively.
To Obtain a Wright Fuel Express Card Pin
- To obtain a PIN, you must have your supervisor or vehicle coordinator's authorization. Your supervisor or vehicle coordinator must email Environmental Health & Safety requesting a Wright Express Fuel Card PIN for you.
- Complete and sign the Wright Express Fuel Card agreement. Have your supervisor and vehicle coordinator sign the agreement. Return the agreement to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Upon approval, contact Environmental Health & Safety to receive a valid PIN.
- Only use the fuel card assigned to the vehicle you are driving.
- Obtain a receipt and give the receipt to the department employee responsible for monitoring the account.
- Enter the correct odometer reading at the time of fuel purchase.
- Do not share your PIN. PINs must be kept confidential.
- Report any misuse of the fuel card to your supervisor or to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Report a missing card to your supervisor or to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Keep documentation on the Wright Express Fuel Card vehicle assignments by card number.
- Keep documentation on authorized drivers.
- Sign-up for view access on the Wright Fuel Card Website.
- Review transactions online regularly to ensure odometer readings are correct, and to spot transactions that are unusual for your department. Investigate unusual transactions.
- Reconcile fuel purchases. Reconciliation should be performed by someone who is not a fuel card user.
- Notify Environmental Health & Safety of any changes of authorized PIN users (separation from the department or from Brown, name changes, etc.), or lost or stolen cards.