Students can access Course E-Reserves directly in Canvas via the left-hand navigation tool. Follow these two simple steps to make E-Reserves accessible to students.
Step 1: Activate your course reserves
Activate your course reserves through the library website at library.brown.edu/reserves. It may take up to 24 hours for your request to be processed. Online readings and film requests will take 7-14 business days to be completed.
Step 2: Enable links in Canvas to E-reserves
Once your E-Reserves are available, you can enable a direct link to your E-Reserves in Canvas.
- Log in to Canvas at canvas.brown.edu.
- Select your course from the dropdown menu.
- Select Settings from the left-hand sidebar.
- Select the Navigation tab at the top of the Settings page.
- Click and drag the gray E-Reserves link from the bottom section of tools not visible to the top section list of tools visible. [ N.B. During AY 15-16 you should see a left navigation link to Media Library already present in your Canvas]
- Click Save.
Students will be able to access course readings and audio files by clicking the E-Reserves link and full feature films from the Media Library link without reentering their login information.