- NVivo is licensed only for non-commercial use.
- Windows XP users may will need .NET 3.5, and PowerShell. To obtain .NET and Powershell on Windows XP, please use Microsoft Update's 'Optional' section.
1. Download the installer to your desktop.
2. Right-click the installer and select 'Extract All...', and click 'Extract'.
3. Navigate to the extracted files, right-click on 'setup', and select 'Run as Administrator'.
4. Follow any instructions in the grey window.
5. Once the 'QSR NVivo 10 - InstallShield Wizard' window is open, step through the installer and choose your own options.
6. During the installation, many windows will open and close automatically, depending on what prerequisites need to be installed. NVivo can take a long time to install.
7. After all prerequisites are installed, step through the 'QSR NVivo 10' window. This installer might also take several minutes to complete.
8. Click 'Finish'. The gray window will activate your NVivo license and prompt you to press any key to exit.
9. NVivo is now installed. Launch NVivo and enter this serial number.