Current Brown seniors can apply for this program. The application requirements are the same as for other applicants, except that the GRE is not required for fifth-year applicants and only two letters of recommendation are required. The program has the same general course structure as the normal Data Science Master's program with two differences. The first difference is that two credits can be substituted by courses taken during the undergrad studies; possible substitutions are shown below. The second difference is that the fifth-year program must be completed in a year (September-August). Note that it is not possible to do this program as a concurrent bachelor’s/master’s degree.
- For DATA 1030: An introduction to Topics in Data and Computational Science (1 credit), you can substitute CSCI1951-A: Data Science
- For DATA 1050, you can substitute either CSCI 1270 Database Systems or CSCI 1380 Distributed Systems.
- For DATA 2040, you can substitute CSCI 1470 Deep Learning.
- For DATA 2060, you can substitute CSCI 1420 Machine Learning.
- For DATA 2080: Data & Society (1 credit), you can substitute DATA 0080: Data & Society.
- For an elective (1 credit), you can substitute any appropriate 1000-level or 2000-level course to be determined by the student and approved by the program advisor.