The overall goals of the Brown Ukraine Collaboration are:
1. to focus the expertise at the Brown University Center for AIDS Research (CFAR) to partner with Ukrainian caregivers in HIV medicine;
2. to improve the care of children with HIV and AIDS with the support of the Elena Pinchuk ANTIAIDS Foundation.
Specific goals include:
- Collaborative evaluation projects with key Ukrainian participants and Brown University faculty to produce evidence-based recommendations to improve care for women and children with HIV.
- Intervention projects to improve care, such as outreach, retention in care, utilization of social media, cell phone technology and TB diagnosis and treatment among others.
- The development of data collection tools to be utilized by HIV/AIDS care partners for improved evaluation of current care guidelines in Ukraine.
- The development of a core faculty group of clinicians, epidemiologists, and HIV and TB experts to work together to review data on the care of HIV and AIDS in Ukraine and improve care utilizing evidence-based medicine in collaboration with Ukraine partners.
- Continued collaboration with leading institutions in Ukraine in conjunction with the ANTIAIDS Foundation to promote excellence in HIV and AIDS care among children.