Social science faculty at Brown can seek support from the SSRI to aid with external award submissions and post-award processes as well as award-related travel arrangements and event planning in addition to other administrative services.
Six (6): The number of months it takes to develop a competitive grant proposal. Know your deadlines and start early!
Currently planned services offered through the SSRI include the following:
- Financial and clerical services
- Travel coordination and reimbursements
- Visitor coordination (paperwork, housing, etc.)
Compliance and data management
- Data plans
- Manuscript deposits
- NIH/NSF public access policy and compliance
- Budget consultation and preparation
- Financial reporting
- Personnel and human resources
- Pre- and post-award services
- Data and data set management
- Non-spatial programming services
- Programming and file preparation
- Statistical consultation
Additional University Resources
For more information regarding grant proposals and submissions, administrative, compliance, and programming services, contact the SSRI's administrative and financial coordinator, Karen Ball.