HHMI - EXROP
The Exceptional Research Opportunities Program (EXROP) provides bright, motivated undergraduate students with outstanding summer-long mentored research experiences with HHMI scientists. The goal of the EXROP program is to ensure that a diverse and highly trained workforce is prepared to assume leadership roles in science, including college and university faculty who have the responsibility to develop the next generation of scientists.
- Students must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Students who receive funding during the summer from another organization will not be eligible for EXROP. Examples of programs include MARC, RISE, IMSD or other similar sources of funding.
The program announcement can also be accessed via our website at www.hhmi.org/exrop.
Although there is no “typical” EXROP student, successful EXROP candidates have demonstrated that they are:
- highly motivated, well-prepared, and able to take advantage of a summer experience in the lab of an HHMI-caliber scientist;
- prepared to use their existing knowledge and to learn new skills within different lab environments, particularly in a large and high-powered lab;
- interested in pursuing a career in academic science;
- able to accurately present their knowledge, skills, and prior research experience within the application;
- independent and mature enough to develop new relationships and to navigate their way around in a different institution and city.
If you are interested in applying, please complete this application by October 30, 2017.
Prof. Johnson, Brown-HHMI Program Director